Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday

There's something to be said for having a day off in the middle of the week and hanging out with your daughter all day. We're going to the dentist this afternoon, and hopefully annika will be good and behave and not be too antsy...it's my appointment, not hers.

I've been feeling very disenchanted with life lately. especially with my job. it's rough to go every day, knowing that this isn't what God created you to do, and knowing that there's more to life than looking forward to the weekends. We were camping over Labor day weekend with a group of friends, and several of them are teachers. They had just had the whole summer off and were just going back to school a couple days later, and were already counting down the days till next summer. It really bothered me. I don't want to become the type of person who just longs for their next day off, yet here i am looking forward to next Sunday.

I know that the Lord will provide me something else when I need it. In the meantime I keep searching for where I'm supposed to fit in to life in this world. and praying for the right opportunity. and applying for jobs that will fit my personality better. and allow me to spend more time with annika.
on the up side, i am now the parent of a 2 year old, who talks all day long and tires me out...but she sure does bring joy to my life.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I feel for you, Steph, because I'm often in the same boat. I love the idea of doing a job that really matters, that I'm passionate about - but I have no idea what that would be. I want my job to be my ministry, but really, I don't even know where to start.

So, in the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to explore different things, keep the same job, and still enjoy it.

elizabeth said...

I had guilt when I had my job. I now have guilt since I've quit my job. As an employee, I felt like God had something more for me. As an unemployed student, I feel like I should be using my time better for God's will in my life. I don't know what the answer is. Sometimes I feel that God puts this constant yearning in our heart to motivate us. If I stood still somewhere, I'd never move forward. Does that make sense? I'm better restless because it is a constant tension forcing me to rely on him for direction.