Thursday, September 11, 2008

where were you?

7 years ago i was in my cubicle at work when we had heard that the first tower had gone down. we all went downstairs to the fitness center in the building in time to see the 2nd one go down. it was probably one of the erie-est time's of my life. for several days there were no plane's flying over the city. i hadn't realized before then how normal it was to see planes in the air there.

4 years ago today. i got married to my amazing husband. he meets my needs in so many ways. i love him so much.

2 years ago today we had a 5 day old baby. we were excited to take some time to go to arby's for lunch while dan's mom watched her.

today. we go to work as normal. there's less on the tv about 9-11 than 5 years ago. it just becomes another day in history. a tragic day...but a day none the less. while it seemed like such a huge deal at the time, 9-11 becomes just another day in history. it reminds me of how big this world is and how big God is. i don't know why he lets things happen, but i do know that He loves me and i want to bring all the glory to him.

that's what it is all about...bringing glory to God. knowing that he is in control and that I don't have to be. trusting him with my entire life. and finding God in everything and every situation.

1 comment:

Tisha Alexander said...

Isaac was born 9 days after 9/11. It was a little crazy in the hospial to say the least.